Holy Trinity continues to be an improving school and our ambition is for it to be a place where children thrive and love learning. Please see the areas we would like to improve this year.
- To research further ways to improve Spiritual, Moral and Social education.
- Teachers to visit other countries to develop modern foreign language and visit schools in Europe through the Erasmus project and Diocesan links
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Review the curriculum design, planning and implementation. To ensure a broad, rich and interesting curriculum and to continue to develop outdoor learning opportunities.
- Improve the teaching of oracy within all curriculum subjects and enable pupils to use speaking and listening to deepen their thinking and understanding.
- Improve the teaching of core skills within the curriculum e.g. spelling and number fluency.
- Evaluate the consistent high expectations of pupil learning in books and the effectiveness of the feedback and marking policy.
Outcomes for children
- % of children at GLD, phonics, KS1 and KS2 to be above national expectations at expected and exceeding levels
- For EYFS, improving amount of children achieving the Early Learning Goals of moving and handling.
- Embed spelling scheme and raise spelling scores at the end of Key Stage testing.
- Girls reading attainment at KS1.
- Percentage of disadvantaged children achieving expected and greater depth at the end of KS2.
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Improve morning punctuality – the 8:50 – 9am window and reduce the number of children who are persistently late to start learning.
- Reduced the number of persistent absences. Currently this is 8% (15 children).
- To use Makaton with children to develop communication.
- Consistent good or better teaching across the Early years.
- To raise attainment in Moving and Handling.